Had a bad day
This morning I couldn't find anything to wear. I am an oxymoron, wearing maternity pants with a belt. Nothing fits right.
The roads were a bit slippery on my commute into work. I have been commuting for at least an hour each way for the last 4 years -- yuck.
There was a semi driving in front of me in the fast lane. When he finally moved over, I didn't have that much time to break when I saw the line of cars ahead of me not moving. My breaks locked up, I slid a bit, but in the end I stopped in time. Thank God.
Then the Pontiac Vibe behind me hit me with a thump and I immediately started to cry. My first accident. Pregnant.
My car was fine, I was fine, but I couldn't stop the tears. The man who hit me came to my window and said that he was calling the cops and asked if I was alright. All I said was, "I am pregnant and scared."
I made it to work, cried again from the compassion on my co-workers. Called the doctor and made an appointment to hear the heartbeat to make sure everything is alright with the baby.
They couldn't hear it, maybe I am not far enough along, maybe the baby is stubborn, but it got me worrying. I had my second ultrasound in 12 weeks, the little person was hopping around with his/her arms hiding it's face. Everything was fine.
It was just a bad day -- luckily with a good ending.
The roads were a bit slippery on my commute into work. I have been commuting for at least an hour each way for the last 4 years -- yuck.
There was a semi driving in front of me in the fast lane. When he finally moved over, I didn't have that much time to break when I saw the line of cars ahead of me not moving. My breaks locked up, I slid a bit, but in the end I stopped in time. Thank God.
Then the Pontiac Vibe behind me hit me with a thump and I immediately started to cry. My first accident. Pregnant.
My car was fine, I was fine, but I couldn't stop the tears. The man who hit me came to my window and said that he was calling the cops and asked if I was alright. All I said was, "I am pregnant and scared."
I made it to work, cried again from the compassion on my co-workers. Called the doctor and made an appointment to hear the heartbeat to make sure everything is alright with the baby.
They couldn't hear it, maybe I am not far enough along, maybe the baby is stubborn, but it got me worrying. I had my second ultrasound in 12 weeks, the little person was hopping around with his/her arms hiding it's face. Everything was fine.
It was just a bad day -- luckily with a good ending.


5 Comments:
Oh, how scary! I remember just wanting to be a hermit the entire time I was pregnant. Not that I was a complete worrying freak, I just hated all of the "what ifs". I'm so glad everything is okay with you though. Drive safe!
I am so happy to hear you are ok. I can only imagine how scared you were.
I know a woman who fell down on a big icy patch of sidewalk when she was pregnant. She and her baby were just fine and I'm very sure everything will be A-OK with you too. Cyber hug to you :)
Trisha
I have been pregnant 3 times now and I have been in a car accident for 2 of them. It is scary. Sorry you had to go through that.
Becky
Thank you ladies for your kind words.
Oh Trisha, that sounds horrible. I am glad you are okay.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home