Thursday, May 17, 2007

Updates

Hello all,
Sorry it has been a little while since I last wrote, I've been kinda busy lately. So, here is a little update on a few items in our lives.

** Day care -- B-man has been in daycare aka "school" for over a month now. At first, he was teary-eyed when Tuck would drop him off and say that he didn't want to be there. There were a couple of rough days of dropping off -- I was super glad that I didn't have to partake in this routine. Now, he loves it. He says that he has friends there and loves to play outside with the other kids and do projects. He brought home a painting and points to it all the time and says, "I paint that." He gets excited to go and doesn't even rush into our arms when we pick him up. It is going great. He even naps on the floor on his sleeping bag, something I couldn't believe. The only part that isn't going fantastic is his eating there, he is starting to be a fussy eater and doesn't eat that much nor does he drink milk. But hopefully that will get better too.

** Welcome to the third-trimester -- Holy crap, I can't believe that it is already here. This Sunday I will be 28 weeks along and entering my last week in the 20's. Time is flying. No longer am I just a little bump. My bump is large and in charge, that is for sure. People have already been asking me when I am due, thinking it is any day now. I am just so round in front and so tight, too. Luckily, that is the only place that I have grown for the most part. I am feeling pretty good lately, but could use a couple of new maternity pieces, so I will be shopping this weekend. Thumper (the baby) is kicking like crazy and sometimes I feel like there is more than one in there! I am sure these next 12 weeks are going to fly as fast as the first 28 did.

** School -- School is almost out for summer for me. I handed in my math final that was a pain in the butt (I hate math!) and my other class is almost over. I have to hand in our end of the program binder and that's all. Then I have three months off until my last semester of school with only one class. I can't believe it. I will begin student teaching in January. It is crazy to think of all this because fall always goes so fast with school starting, now we will have a new baby, then there is all the holiday celebrations and I will be finished with school and quitting my job. Yikes!

** Tuck -- Tuck has been with his new job for about two months now and is really getting into it lately. He is learning a lot (having changed careers) and is enjoying his new, flexible lifestyle and being home on the weekends. We all love that! He is working hard and I know it will pay off for him in the end. In June, he will be leaving us for a week to attend a conference, which will be hard on all of us, but will be worth it for his career. I am so proud of him!

** Garage sale season -- anyone who knows me, or my mom, knows that we love garage sales. And tis the season for them now. I have been looking for various house items (love old dishes to have in my kitchen), a double stroller, and summer nuetral baby clothes. I love the hunt and mom and I will be going out this weekend for a city-wide sale that is so much fun. Plus, I never pass up books!

So, that is what has been up with us lately. Tuck's brother and dad are coming into town this weekend to spend the night and then go to a baseball game. Hopefully, I will finish my project, get some good deals at the sales and go to a movie with my mom. Hope you all have a great weekend too!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Our lovestory... said...

It is so awesome to know that Tuck spends weekends at home now instead of work! And, so awesome that B-man is loving school now - I didn't even know that things were going so much better! I will look for clothes for you tomorrow at my village-wide experience!

Oh, and I appreciate that you call them garage sales...I dislike it when people call them "rummage" sales...it sounds like you are going to look through actual garbage!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Carbon said...

Holy updates of all updates! That is all awesome. It seems like things are working out great :)

12:01 AM  
Blogger Jackie Sue said...

Holy cow you've been busy! I just found a great double-stroller at a neighborhood garage sale. The first item I bought for my "little bump." Congrats for making it to the 3rd trimester feeling so good! Summer will come and go for you I'm sure...

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home