Thursday, August 24, 2006

Update

Sorry to my fellow readers (all three of you) for not writing lately. Work has been crazy, thus life feels crazy!

Here is what has been up with me:

1. Summer is coming to an end and that means lot of cookouts and corn on the cob for my little family. B-man has taken a major liking to the cob and it is just so cute to watch him eat it. Holding it with both hands, just chomping away. Pictures to come.

2. Tuck's family came up to visit this last weekend. We had a very nice time just chilling and catching up with one another. My brother-in-law and his girlfriend were up Thursday night through Sunday and the rest of the crew came up on Saturday night. We ate, did a little antique shopping, played outside with B-man and went to a Brewer's game on Sunday. It was so much fun. Next year we are hoping to be able to take the little guy -- he would love it!

3. Classes start on Monday and I am starting to get excited, finally. Last night, we had orientation for our new grad students starting this fall and it is always fun to meet the students that you work with for months. We worked so hard the last couple weeks and planning orientation and it went superbly! The students had a great time and everyone is excited for the school year to begin.

4. B-man is just getting cuter and cuter by the minute. I think since school is starting soon, I am starting to cherish my time with him more. It stinks not being able to put him to bed and kiss his sweet cheeks. With night classes twice a week for the next year, I will start missing the little squirt more and more. He is really starting to "talk" more and mimic our actions, give adorable, wet kisses and soft high-fives. He is my baby, my buddy and I cherish him. I hope he realizes that I am partially doing this school thing to be with him more when he is older. Cause is breaks my heart to say good-bye to him in the mornings when I have class, knowing that I won't see him until the next morning.

5. And last, but not least, my bully, tubby of a neighbor called the cops on us this weekend when we were having a family bonfire. No drinking, no loud noises, nothing. Just talking, some laughing and catching up with the fam. He is such a pest and even the cops said we were doing anything wrong. Two words for you buddy - MOVE AWAY!

Hope everyone else has been doing well lately!

4 Comments:

Blogger Carbon said...

Well, I'm your first reader to leave you a comment :)

Good luck going back to school. I think that sometimes being away from your kids makes you cherish your time together more. At least that's what I think, cuz when I was taking a class, I sooo missed my little bugger. So, in the new year, I'll miss both buggers when I'm taking another class!

I second you on your pest of a neighbor. He sucks!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Our lovestory... said...

Good to hear from you Trisha! I love the way you put things! See you tomorrow! :-) Woo hoo - it won't be at work!

Amber

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trisha

Your life seems so busy. I am sure you are making things better for yourself though. I hope your house gets done soon so that you can have your own place again!!!

Becky

2:56 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Hilarious! Your neighbor is totally crazy.

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home