Anyone? Anyone?
So, I had my monthly check-up today for the ever-growing bump. I am 13 weeks and a few days along. This was the second time my doc tried finding the heartbeat: last time she was early but likes to try anyway and today was a normal time where people start hearing it. No luck. There was no luck last week after the accident and no luck today.
She said I was just difficult. My history with her has been interesting, not able to find my cervix later on in the pregnancy, never dropping, never dialating and so on. So, she said she isn't worried since I just had an ultrasound last week. Maybe I just have thick skin.
Has this happened to anyone else? Where it took a long time to hear the heartbeat? If we don't hear it next time at 17 weeks, I am in trouble.
She said I was just difficult. My history with her has been interesting, not able to find my cervix later on in the pregnancy, never dropping, never dialating and so on. So, she said she isn't worried since I just had an ultrasound last week. Maybe I just have thick skin.
Has this happened to anyone else? Where it took a long time to hear the heartbeat? If we don't hear it next time at 17 weeks, I am in trouble.


2 Comments:
I didn't hear the heartbeat either with the first appointment which was at the 3 month mark. I didn't hear it until the next appointment which was a month later. So don't worry, I'm sure everything is fine.
Any consulation, both my kids didn't drop and I wasn't dilated until actually delivery time. My doctor guessed that I would carry both of them very late. Nope, not at all. My second, he didn't want to actually come down at all, he was loving being high up near my heart. But, finally, hours and hours of pushing the bugger was out. Sounds like you and I had similar pregnancies :)
At my first OB visit, they did the fabulous 'ole internal sonogram and she actually couldn't find the BABY. The sonographer found the heartbeat, but the doctor couldn't find the little tiny fetus. It was scary, but apparently my uterus is "retroverted." Of course it is. Everything turned out okay, though. I'll say a prayer for you guys!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home