Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Warning: Update to follow

Well, Friday we had our "real" unltrasound for the baby. I was just shy of 19 weeks and very nervous and excited. Since we have yet to hear the heartbeat or feel movement, my anxiety level was higher than normal. I am happy to report that all is well. We have a bouncing baby in my ever-growing belly. We didn't find out the sex of the baby and wouldn't have been able to if we wanted, with the way it was positioned. We are very happy that everything it progressing smoothly. We even went out on a date Friday night to celebrate.

This weekend was beautiful in our small town. The sky was blue, the sun was out and there was a nice cool breeze. Tuck took advantage and when he wasn't glued to the TV watching the college basketball tourney, he and the little guy were outside playing. I went shopping with some friends and had a nice time visiting with them on Saturday. Even got two great pairs of shoes, one dress and one casual. Love them!

Sunday, the three of us went to church with my mom and dad at the nursing home. It was good to see my dad, I don't visit often, which I feel badly about but I have my reasons. Then I went to lunch with my old co-worker girlfriends. Good food and conversation was had and then we went to my house so they could see our new place and the boys. It was a great afternoon. Tuck and I made dinner and had my mom and grandma over -- I love having people over for dinner and we don't do it enough!

So, it was a wonderful weekend and then it was back to the grind stone on Monday. Tuck has had off of work since last Wednesday. He starts his new job on Thursday and will be traveling for the later part of this week and most of next, sniff, sniff. So, it was great to spend some quality time with him lately.

Quick note: we started looking at Day Care Centers for the little guy yesterday. We want him to go part-time for social reasons and to relieve my mom before the baby comes. He loved visiting and we probably could have left him there and he wouldn't have cared one bit. I think it will be a good transition for him. Now we just have to find the right place.

Hope you all had a great weekend too.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Our lovestory... said...

Can't wait to see the ultrasound pics! I am glad that everything looks good!

I hope all goes well with Tuck's first day tomorrow!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

sounds great trisha! glad that the family is all well.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Carbon said...

I sooo knew everything would be ok. I had 2 ultrasounds with my first, she was so fiesty that they weren't able to tell her gender. They couldn't see with the boy either.

Good luck on the Day care centers :)

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home